All challenges are now open for playing.
Come and test your analytic and “hacker” skills in a capture the flag competition! You and your team can join and win amazing prizes and your chance to participate in the international Trend Micro CTF 2018 final in Japan!
Announcements (bugs, downtimes, etc.)
- 2018-10-12 14:18 - The challenge SpringPeace was fixed (please, download the new file springpeace.zip from the challenge specification).
- 2018-10-19 12:30 - The results of first round were published.
- 2018-10-27 17:00 - The results of second round were published.
- 2018-10-29 12:00 - All challenges are now open for playing. Enjoy!
- 2018-12-07 14:00 - The received write-ups were published.
- The Catch is a team competition, with teams consisting of 1 to 4 members.
- The competition shall have two rounds. Round 1 shall be carried out on-line. Round 2 shall be carried out on-site.
- The registration into the CTF portal shall be opened on Wednesday 26 September 2018 at 12:00 CEST (exactly at noon). To get acquainted with the platform, a practice challenges (with no score awarded) shall be available.
- 1st round (on-line) launches on Friday, 12 October 2018 at 12:00 CEST (exactly at noon) and closes on Friday, 19 October 2018 at 12:00 CEST (exactly at noon)
- 2nd round (on-site) shall take place on Saturday, 27 October 2018 at Masarykova kolej ČVUT, Thákurova 1, Prague 6.
- The top 10 teams from 1st round (on-line) shall qualify for the 2nd round (on-site).
- The best teams shall receive valuable prizes. Other prizes (T-shirts, hoodies, small presents) will be awarder (see The Rewards)
- Out of the top teams from the on-site round, a national team shall be nominated to represent at the international Trend Micro CTF 2018 finals in Japan (the participation of the nominated team in the finals in Japan is not obligatory, see note 10 and 11 in the Competition rules).
- For more information, see the Competition rules.
- As the knowledge is the best reward, the challenges from the 2nd (on-site) round will be published after the competition.
- Top 10 teams will be invited to the 2nd round (on-site).
- Other 10 teams (11th - 20th place) will be rewarded by The Catch hacker T-shirts.
- The fastest team to solve each challenge will be rewarded by small CESNET presents. If one team will be the fastest several times, that team will be awarded only once. To let everybody to play, next in order will be awarded.
2nd (on-site) Round
- The winner (team) has the right to be nominated to Trend Micro CTF 2018 finals in Japan.
- Top 3 teams will be rewarded by Tech Gadgets in total value of 72.000 CZK.
- All on-site contestants will be awarded with The Catch hacker hoodie.
As the knowledge is the best reward, we will publish all challenges. And still there would be a possibility to win The Catch hacker hoodie. Anyone except on-site participants will be asked to do a write-up (manual how to solve the challenges). All write-ups will be published and the best will be rewarded.
How to join the Competition
- If you have your own team, register it, see note 3).
- If you have no team, find yourself teammates in slack platform.
- Choose any of the challenges from the list. Challenges can be solved at a time, and they can be solved in whatever order.
- Read the challenge assignment carefully.
- Download the file(s) for the analysis or visit the stated URL.
- Perform the analysis (when correctly performed, you should be able to discover the flag).
- Insert the flag into the platform (to verify its correctness and acquire the points). The number of attempts is limited (the flag should be acquired not guessed).
- We recommend inserting the results (the flags discovered) immediately after the challenge has been solved.